Ready, set, go! Join us for a high-energy, interactive day applying behavior-centered design to a real world challenge. Apply with a team to develop a solution and compete for the grand prize!
About the training
Led by trainers from the Center for Behavior & the Environment, we’ll explore the steps of behavior-centered design, including framing an environmental challenge, gaining empathy with your target audience, connecting research data to behavioral insights, and ideation and prototyping. You will gain a basic understanding of the principles of behavioral science with which we design environmental solutions: Emotions are often more powerful than reason; people are social animals; and context matters. This is a highly interactive day geared toward gaining experience in behavioral science concepts and principles as applied to a real-world challenge.
- Registration and Introduction
- Behavior-Centered Design Overview
- Framing the Challenge
- Levers of Behavior Change
- Empathize: Understanding motivations & barriers
- Connecting data to behavioral insights
- Prototype and Pitch development
- Pitch Competition
- Judging and Announce Winners